PACE (Personality, Attitude & Career Enhancement) Programme :
As the manners and etiquette programmes along with grooming courses are overall aspects and are overlapping, hereunder being furnished a detailed guideline on the structure or pattern of the programmes to be conducted. These might overlap with each other during the training session leaving an overall impact on individual. However, a timeline grid is being provided here for easy understanding of the whole curriculum.
• Personality Development
• Effective English writing & speaking
• Business & Managerial Skills
• Leadership Techniques
• Writing & Speaking Skills Development
• Facing Interviews
• Effective CV preparation of International Standard
Manners & Etiquette :
Level I :
Level I I :
Level I I I :
- Social Graces
- Table Manners
- Confidence Building
- Personality Development
- How to handle a bully?
- Improving Body Language
- Dress Sense - Art of Dressing
- Improving English Speaking Skills
- Understanding Family Values
- Art of Public Speaking
- Time Management
- Reflecting Confidence
- Etiquette for a Lady to be
- Etiquette for Gentleman to be
- Power of Concentration
- Handling Pocket Money
- Respecting Privacy
- Dining Etiquette
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem
- The Leader in YOU
- Success & Optimism
- Prioritising Etiquette
- Interview Etiquette
- Art of being Polite, Firm yet Friendly
- Art of making and retaining Friends
- Art of saying NO
- I'm SPECIAL
- Dealing with Peer Pressure
Our Grooming & Personality Development course is structured to:
• Understand the importance of creating a positive impression.
• To know how to behave appropriately at social and business functions.
• Enhancing the Corporate and Social Image through dressing.
• Understanding that basic grooming is all about cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene.
• How to manage personal hygiene and wear make-up for work.
• Nonverbal communication through facial expressions, posture and behavior.
• The Art of Meeting / Greeting & Proper Introductions.
• Importance of Manners & Etiquette.
• Maintaining Conversations.
• Table Manners and Fine Dining - Fine foods, Cheeses and Wines.
• Customer service.
• Courtesies and Social Skills of the Business World like; Shaking Hands, Business Cards, Protocol, Telephone, Etiquette etc.
• Understanding the uniqueness of cultures around the world and how to apply the skills of cultural understanding to become more successful in the global business environment.
Subjects covered include the following:
• Personal Hygiene.
• Skin, Hair and Body care.
• Dress codes and Style management.
• Posture, Gait and Deportment.
• Makeup and Hairstyles - Ladies.
• Saree Draping - Ladies.
• Greetings and Conversation Guides.
• A-Z of International Etiquette.
• Business Etiquette.
• Telephone Etiquette.
• Fine Foods, Cheeses and wines.
1. Business Etiquette
• Art of greeting
• Art of introductions
• Art of sitting, standing, walking (Role play)
• Art of addressing protocol in a business hierarchy
• Art of conversations,- topics to avoid, small talk
• Art of being firm, polite, yet business like
• Interacting with a difficult client (Role Play)
• How to leave a lasting impression
• Telephone Etiquette
• The correct Fax, E-mail and letter writing etiquette
• Business Etiquette
• Cell phone Etiquette
• Communication Skills
• Addressing titles
• Art of Public Speaking
• Peer Pressure, and where to draw the line
• Board Room etiquette
• Interview etiquette
• Business Body Language
• Anger Management
• Time Management
2. Social Etiquette
• Art of entertaining : a) In Hotel b) At Home
• Art of Gifting
• Art of Thank you notes
• Art of greeting, walking, sitting and conversing
• Interacting and conversing socially
• Party / cocktail etiquette
• International etiquette
• Art of Conversation in a social gathering.
• International etiquette
• Etiquette related to country specific.
• Dealing with a VIP
• Understanding Ethos of Society
3. Image Enhancing
• Personality development
• Confidence building
• Voice Modulation-Accent training-Pronunciation
• Fitness-how to carry yourself business wise-Socially
• Protocol in a social scenario
• Body language
• Dress code- the Art of dressing
• Color combination to suit one's personality
• Hygiene and sanitation
• Hair care/Skin care
• Make up for ladies
4. Dining Etiquette
• Table manners
• Formal Dinner
• Restaurant menu reading-International Menus
• Insight into various Food habits, Cultural beliefs, Traditions and Religious beliefs.
• Art of menu planning for your clients in a hotel or at home
• Restaurant manners- what fork goes with what knife?
• How to eat with a chop stick?
o Aperitif, Digestif, Spirits, Wines, Cocktails, Mocktails
o How much?
o In what glass?
o What temperature
• Formal Dining Dress code
• Body language at the Dinning table
Effective English writing & speaking
Communicative & Functional Speaking of English Language
Recognizing the importance of English Language fluency to the success of every career, FOURDOTS has introduced a range of programs to enhance English Communication for individual. FOURDOTS English training programs are designed to help ‘working Executives, College students, School Students & Housewives’ move beyond the rules of Grammar and talk smart. People with poor English speaking abilities who wish to move ahead in life, will be benefited the most from these English Proficiency programs.
Grammar & Vocabulary
Nouns, Verbs, Adverbs, Tenses, Idioms, Punctuations
Implementation of Grammar in sentence formation
Communication Skills - Part 1
Barriers of Communication
Speaking & Listening Effectively
Idiomes, Phrases & Proverbes
Compréhension & Composition
Communication Skills - Part 2
Scope of communication
Need & Evolution of communication
Objective & process of communication
Methods & Types of communication
Barriers of communication
Factors affecting communication
Understanding business communication
Communication need in a business organization
Non - Verbal communication
Writing Skills (Email, Business Correspondence)
Listening & Telephonic skills
Process and type of listening
Importance of listening skills in business
Barriers to listening
Written and mass communication
Essentials & forms of business letters
Writing without hurting
Public relations & Directing Marketing
Reading Skills (focus on voice modulation)
Extempore & Group Discussions
Smart English V/S Normal English
Testing & Evaluation
Pronunciation Power Guide
Introduction to Vowel & Consonants
Intonation Syllable Stress
Personality Enhancement & Situational English
Killing Nervousness & Building Confidence
Body language & Dress Code
Role Play (Real life Conversation)
Business & Managerial Skills
Effective CV preparation of International Standard